• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Frederick MD area (1 Viewer)

mbaumser

Hi all,

Just moved into the Frederick MD area and looking for places to go to photograph birds. I'm hoping to find eagles, owls, hawks but any help for locations would be a help

Thanks

Marc

Yes, this is an old post, but dare I say even now that the Lilypons area and the Monocacy Battlefield are ideal locations for bird watchers/birders in Frederick County. By now I would imagine you've found both bird havens. You've probably had success in the various parks up in the Catoctin Mountains as well and for that matter anywhere along the Monocacy River. Look for eagles' nests especially among the taller sycamore trees lining the Monocacy. Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back