• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fuji X-T4 (1 Viewer)

leonardo_simon

Just bought this with the new 70-300mm lens. Very impressed. Big upgrade from the X-E1(!)

Is anyone else using Fuji for bird photography? As my first foray into this any Fuju specific tips or tricks would be appreciated. Thanks

Just bought this with the new 70-300mm lens. Very impressed. Big upgrade from the X-E1(!)

Is anyone else using Fuji for bird photography? As my first foray into this any Fuju specific tips or tricks would be appreciated. Thanks
The big three + Oly have dominated the wildlife market for as long as I can remember (well not Sony, until more recently) and deservedly so. Fuji have not attempted to deliver in this area until now.

Check out the X-H2S, and the X-H2 (the latter to be launched 06 Sep. I believe). Check out Mike Riley's channel on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCroPb3jYeQaU1o-luEVsJ-A He's a birder learning to use the X-H2S for videos and stills. Nice guy and you can see if the camera is for you.
A lot of Fuji diehards don't like it because it is a Pro camera (it doesn't have all the old fashioned little dials like the XT4). But it appears to be an excellent camera for wildlife and sports, the 150-600 looks like it is made for birding. With a crop sensor that is in reality a 225-900mm. Plenty of reach for small birds.

Common Kestrel (presumed f-juv). Elbe river region, Germany, August 2022.
Fuji X-T4, 150-600 @600mm, 1/2000, f/10, ISO 4000.
Cropped, processed by Capture One and Topaz Sharpen AI.

Attachments

• 20220823_Turmfalke_w_Borsteler_BE 4-SharpenAI-Standard.jpg
    20220823_Turmfalke_w_Borsteler_BE 4-SharpenAI-Standard.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back