• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

FZ300 loses focus when I zoom in (1 Viewer)

Southgate

Hi, My camera was working fine until I was fiddling with it a couple of days ago. And now it won't focus when I zoom in. There is a series of three high beeps and a green circle appears in the upper right of the fram when I depress the shutter half way. Depressing the rest of the way results in a blurry photo. I don't know what I've done. The manual isn't much help. Can anyone offer a suggestion?

I'm not familiar with the FZ300, but if the camera has a focus limiter switch, could you have accidentally changed the setting? Of course, this would only be a possible explanation if you are having this issue when focusing on close objects. Is that the case or does it happen when you are focusing on distant objects?

The only other thing I can suggest is to try the various focus modes (spot, multi etc, or whatever terms Panasonic use) and see if you achieve better results with one rather than with the others.

If all else fails, you could try reverting the camera to its factory settings, so that whatever you have changed will be disabled, and you can start again customising the camera in the way you want it.

Sorry not to be of more help. I know how frustrating this sort of thing can be. Hopefully, you will find a solution.

Malcolm

Hi, My camera was working fine until I was fiddling with it a couple of days ago. And now it won't focus when I zoom in. There is a series of three high beeps and a green circle appears in the upper right of the fram when I depress the shutter half way. Depressing the rest of the way results in a blurry photo. I don't know what I've done. The manual isn't much help. Can anyone offer a suggestion?

I had the FZ300/330 and I reckon the focus was at the very least as good as the Nikon P950 I now have. I did have some problems early on, however, although 'memory is failing me a bit as to what exactly was going on except to say it was me not understanding the buttons as opposed to any problem with the camera.

It is very easy to restore default/factory settings if you want to take that option

By the way, the green circle is actually telling you you have found focus, that is what you should expect. Are your hands steady? Have the birds moved as you're taking the picture?

You might have set a shutter or aperture priority which - especially when you zoom in - results in a long shutter time making it impossible to hold the camera steady?

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back