• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ghostly Heron (1 Viewer)

Osprey_watcher

Ένας ερασ&
My day has just started off brilliantly for me.
Just down the road from me a stream goes under the road and there are often Herons there early in the morning.
This morning I had just set off for work when something big suddenly appeared just by the side of the car. It was a young Heron. I stopped because the bird was level with the top of the car. It flew across the road in front of me then realised I was there and turned round and flew back.
I expected it to disappear but it flew straight in front of the windscreen and settled on a fence about 6 feet away from side window.
What a fantastic sight in so close and in semi darkness.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back