• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gill Osborne's 2011 List (2 Viewers)

Wednesday, 30th November
Alnwick

I have been grounded!!!!! :-C Had my car broken into last week and the thieving pieces of guano nicked my binoculars!!!!! Nothing else of value in the car apart from a few copies of music cd's :smoke: And coinciding with Neil being made redundant by the company he worked for and then reemployed with the SAME company but under a different name (don't ask - they're as slippery as an eel!) he hasn't been paid for three weeks!!!! So I cannot but myself a new pair of bins :eek!: Luckily the opticron bins I like are only around the £80 mark but art the moment they may as well be £1000 :smoke: Hopefully things will pick up in the next week or two and I can get myself a new pair before the month *December* is out!!!! Not go out birding on January 1st!!!!! :eek!:

Thankfully my eyes still work so I can continue observing nature on my day to day routine. Yesterday whilst out and about i was surprised at the number of dandelions in full bloom on verges around the Morpeth/Red Row/Alnwick area.

Today: watched a chiffchaff flitting around on the contorted willow outside living room window. Often read reports of chiffchaff & blackcap wintering in local Bellevue Gardens but this is the latest I have ever seen one! :t:

Friday, 2nd December

Got myself some new bins :loveme: The thought of waiting two/three weeks before I could afford a pair was just Not On ;) So last night ordered some via Amazon at around 6pm and they were delivered to our shop today at 11.45am :clap:

NOW.......off out to play ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back