• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Good news for OM/Olympus owners (3 Viewers)

Tell that to the sticky read dial on my OM1...
Sticky rear dial I think you meant? In which case send it in to Olympus for repair. Mine had the same problem (as well as a stiff front dial). Turnaraound was exactly two weeks and the camera was returned from Portugal with the problem repaired, a complete clean of the camera (both internal and external) , as well as updated software. All under guarantee including free shipping. If you haven't already done so, create an account in "My Olympus" then you can register your product and ask for a repair.

Yes 'rear', sorry. Mine's a grey import from Panamoz so it'll have to be done by them. They have an excellent reputation for repairs though.

yes they are, the only time olympus camera stopped working was the e620 when the temp was 50+ C, and i was really glad otherwise i would have got a sever sun-stroke.
used Nikon dslr and mirrorless and fujifilms all get dust on the sensor, a problem i never had since my first ever digital Olympus e330, not even in the very girly little epl5. many times dropped the camera and lenses and thought its gone but nothing really. i even used the pen f +12-100 f4 under pouring rain, i know that was very foolish but nothing happened. Olympus cameras are torturer prof for sure.

My camera (OM-1) developed sticky dials front and rear after returning form New Zealand late March this year. I sent it off to Olympus and luckily for us their office and repair center is 4km from home, and they literally replaced the entire top assembly. I guess it comes as an entire component.
Love the camera otherwise and they are bulletproof. Kind of.
I already dropped it twice in the field, luckily not on rock or concrete, but anyway...... tough as tanks.

My camera (OM-1) developed sticky dials front and rear after returning form New Zealand late March this year. I sent it off to Olympus and luckily for us their office and repair center is 4km from home, and they literally replaced the entire top assembly. I guess it comes as an entire component.
Love the camera otherwise and they are bulletproof. Kind of.
I already dropped it twice in the field, luckily not on rock or concrete, but anyway...... tough as tanks.
I'm curious, what did they put this down to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back