• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Goyt valley (1 Viewer)

Sorry, only just read your message. Did you go. If not and you’re still thinking of going it rather depends on what birds you’re after as to where you go

Sorry, only just read your message. Did you go. If not and you’re still thinking of going it rather depends on what birds you’re after as to where you go
No didn't go as the heat beat me. Number one bird to see would be a LEO as never seen one, so any tips on which moors offer the chance of seeing one in flight would be amazing, however distant.
Would also be keen to just know if there are any good areas to focus on for a general day out birding.
Finally, do you get golden plover in this area? I generally go to beeley moor or the barbrook area if going to the peaks and never come across golden plover

An hour near Derbyshire Bridge the other evening gave Merlin,short eared owl and a most unexpected osprey flew over

Greenrooky, I have a specific site for l e owl which I won’t publish on here but would have to be after 8 pm to have best chance
yes there is a spot for golden plover

Users who are viewing this thread

Back