• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

GPO Passion ED 8x32, when was hydrophobic coating introduced? (1 Viewer)

Lazze

Sweden
Hello,
I have ordered GPO ED 8x32 online, at a decent price for my country. How do I know if the binoculars that arrived are old and do not have the hydrophobic coating (without rinsing them under the tap)?

Does anyone know from which serial number the coating was introduced? Or can state which number you have, and whether hydrophobic coating is present or not? Very grateful for answers.
Sincerely
Lars

PASSION ED binoculars do not feature PASSIONdrop hydrophobic lens coatings. That lens coating is used in the PASSION HD series.

PASSION ED binoculars do not feature PASSIONdrop hydrophobic lens coatings. That lens coating is used in the PASSION HD series.
Hi Surujh,
and thanks for your clarification - of course you know how it all works.

The reason for my confusion is that I read in another context about a person who said he received an email reply from GPO (January 2023) that they had introduced PassionDrop also on GPO Passion ED... Strange.

Kind regards, Lars

Hi Surujh,
and thanks for your clarification - of course you know how it all works.

The reason for my confusion is that I read in another context about a person who said he received an email reply from GPO (January 2023) that they had introduced PassionDrop also on GPO Passion ED... Strange.

Kind regards, Lars
Apologies for the confusion, but, PASSIONdrop hydrophobic coating is not on the PASSION ED series.

Interesting:

There are GPO dealers claiming the Passion EDs have a hydrophobic coating on the objectives:

IMG_9560.png

I would suggest GPO contact those dealers to correct such misinformation.

Neil

I´ve seen some GPO dealers & reviews stating the Passion EDs are dielectric coated, but I can´t find this information in their manual or website, both in gpo-usa.com and gp-optics.com. Can you help with this? (sorry if I posted it in the wrong place, but it's somewhat related to what was asked here)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back