• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is GPO Passion ED tripod-adaptable? (3 Viewers)

Sharkbait

Singapore
Hi all,

I’ve been lurking here for a while and have learnt a lot about binoculars and what to look for. I’m looking to get a pair of binoculars for a safari trip to East Africa later in the year, and will also use it for birdwatching in my neighborhood (in Singapore) before & after the trip.

It does amaze me that many here seem to be able to afford expensive alpha bins, sometimes multiple bins.

I have a more modest budget and am looking at the GPO Passion ED, either 8x32 or 8x42. Does anyone know whether either or both of these are tripod-adaptable? If so, is there any specific tripod adaptor which anyone can recommend for them?

Thanks very much!
Sharkbait

Hi all,

I’ve been lurking here for a while and have learnt a lot about binoculars and what to look for. I’m looking to get a pair of binoculars for a safari trip to East Africa later in the year, and will also use it for birdwatching in my neighborhood (in Singapore) before & after the trip.

It does amaze me that many here seem to be able to afford expensive alpha bins, sometimes multiple bins.

I have a more modest budget and am looking at the GPO Passion ED, either 8x32 or 8x42. Does anyone know whether either or both of these are tripod-adaptable? If so, is there any specific tripod adaptor which anyone can recommend for them?

Thanks very much!
Sharkbait
I have both and they have a removable screw cover which exposes a tripod adapter screw.

I have never used a tripod with either as they are so light and compact but, if you do want to use a tripod, you can. I have a Vanguard one which came with some bino's years ago and it fits perfectly.

Both are really excellent bino's which, optically and build quality wise, punch way above their price point.

Last edited:
I have both and they have a removable screw cover which exposes a tripod adapter screw.

I have never used a tripod with either as they are so light and compact but, if you do want to use a tripod, you can. I have a Vanguard one which came with some bino's years ago and it fits perfectly.

Both are really excellent bino's which, optically and build quality wise, punch way above their price point.
@PatR Would you recommend Nikon binoculars?

Lisa

@PatR Would you recommend Nikon binoculars?

Lisa
Hello Lisa

I have 2 Nikon binoculars, an ancient and well worn 10x25 HGL compact and a brand new E II 8x30 and my experience, thus far, has been excellent. I can certainly recommend both of those.

But its a big range which caters for all styles, budgets and focal lengths. If you could narrow your choice down to specific models I am sure you would get some excellent views and recommendations from the many Nikon users on this forum.

As for the GPO's I own, I am more than impressed.

Hello Lisa

I have 2 Nikon binoculars, an ancient and well worn 10x25 HGL compact and a brand new E II 8x30 and my experience, thus far, has been excellent. I can certainly recommend both of those.

But its a big range which caters for all styles, budgets and focal lengths. If you could narrow your choice down to specific models I am sure you would get some excellent views and recommendations from the many Nikon users on this forum.

As for the GPO's I own, I am more than impressed.
Thank you Pat. I was looking at the Nikon Prostaff ones but I'm trying to stay below £100 if I can. I am a student.

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back