• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Green Woodpecker's Tongue in Slow Motion (2 Viewers)

snoopx

United Kingdom
Apparently a green woodpecker's tongue is 10cm in length. Shot this footage of a green woodpecker a while back eating ants, but it only showed a bit of its tongue here.
Filmed on a Panasonic FZ80/82.

Hi Snoop.... that's a great video... any chance you could add it to the Gallery, where it can be linked for viewing through the Opus article too.

Yes, sure Delia. Here's the slowed down portion of the video, I forgot to add in the previous post. Sorry 'bout that!
PS Hope I added them in the correct Gallery section?

Oh Thanks so much for uploading your woodie videos Snoop. I've merely added "video" to your Tags, so that the search system can find them.

Such lovely birds these and a super video too.

Thanks Delia. Will remember to add the video tag next time. Have a few more random videos to add later of various birds and other wildlife. Seems videos are a bit of a rarity in the gallery (and wildlife capture in general). Most people prefer photos!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back