• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings from a Colorado birder! (2 Viewers)

Hey there -- New to the forum. I'm a Denver, Colorado, USA, area birder, gardener, and writer. I have a bit of a preoccupation (okay, obsession) with the Nightjar family. I'm counting the days until the return of Common Poorwills and Nighthawks to Colorado. And I'm writing a book about Whip-poor-wills in US culture.

Hi Jared and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi Jared and welcome to the highlight of my trip to Oregon last June.👍

Attachments

• DSC06997.jpeg     Nighthawk.jpeg
    DSC06997.jpeg Nighthawk.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC06836.jpeg     Nighthawk 15..jpeg
    DSC06836.jpeg Nighthawk 15..jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC06851.jpeg   Nighthawk.jpeg
    DSC06851.jpeg Nighthawk.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC06608.jpeg     Nighthawk.jpeg
    DSC06608.jpeg Nighthawk.jpeg
    13.7 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC06633.jpeg     Nighthawk.jpeg
    DSC06633.jpeg Nighthawk.jpeg
    14.2 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC06841.jpeg     Nighthawk 13..jpeg
    DSC06841.jpeg Nighthawk 13..jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 1
Hi Jared and welcome to the highlight of my trip to Oregon last June.👍

Love it! My favorite species. A few summers ago, I was lucky to have some good size flocks visiting my town before autumn migration. A few nights in a row, there'd be three or four dozen hunting over parks and streets. One even spent a morning perched on a store's sign at a mall. Sadly, I didn't have my camera...

Hi Jared and welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. Nighthawks are some of my favorites, used to get quite a few at my home when I lived in AZ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back