• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings From Arizona (via Germany) (2 Viewers)

tomshell

United States
Greetings, new member here, currently my wife and I are on vacation for the summer in Germany. Our son lives here with his German wife and we are set up in an apartment for 3 months. Pretty sweet deal for sure....We have lived all over the western US (New Mex,Ca,and Arizona) in the last 10 years, but have a home in Arizona and will return there this fall.

I am a casual bird photog, have been for years, and I have a pair of Zeiss binocs at home that I rarely use, because I am usually out with my camera!

Anyways, I picked up a pair of German binoculars in Münster, a decent sized city near where we are staying. We are in a 4 story apartment, next to the woods, and I figured I could use these while here to watch the magpies and other creatures from the window. They were 20 euros with a nice leather case. The binoculars seem to be have been made there in Münster. But alas, I can find nothing about them online. The optics seem great, and are in overall good condition. I want to post some pics to see if anyone knows who manufactured them or any info at all. I have a feeling that they may have been made for the war, but I am truly guessing. Should I post them in a different section of the forum?
Nice To Meet You All!

Attachments

• Yeller.jpg
    Yeller.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 7
Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like. ;)

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. Post your photos in this forum ⬇️ and someone will be able to help.

Hi Tom and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back