• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings from Western Nebraska!!! I live in Alliance, close to a Birding spot called Crescent Lake National Wildlife Refuge. I am Blessed for sure. (1 Viewer)

Apsaalooke

United States
Hello everyone, it is a pleasure to be here and looking forward to your many insights. My particular interest is in bird migration. Fascinating how "they know" just when to go and en masse!! Tonight's migration is forecasted to be Huge, we shall see tomorrow. Birds undergo a biological transformation via their eyes I understand based on the season via a protein. This allows them to "see" the direction they need to go referred to as a "4th dimension" no less. I know, TMI....lol...Anyway, ping me anytime as the wind here begins to increase force and howl. Lastly, Apsaalooke means Crow...... The Crow Nation of Native Americans called themselves the Apsáalooké or Absaroka, which means “children of the Large-Beaked Bird.” This name was misunderstood by white men to mean “Crow.” Other Native tribes referred to the Crow as “Crow” or “Raven” in their respective languages.....Thank You and Good Night...q

Attachments

• Crescent Lake.jpg
    Crescent Lake.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hi Apsaalooke and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back