• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings! (1 Viewer)

MrToad

United States
Hi all, I got this link from The Edinburgh Birdwatcher's website, for which I am duly appreciative!
The reason I was on that site is that I will find myself in Edinburgh during the last week of May, and I was hoping that I could get a day or two to visit some of the places in the area that look very nice indeed. Unfortunately, the RSPB does not appear to be fully recovered from the plague, so the possibilities for guided walks are somewhat limited. However, if anyone from Edinburgh happens to see this, and hoping that I'm not bending any rules by doing this, I was hoping to get out to Musselburgh or Aberlady on Monday the 30th of May and won't have my scope with me. Should anyone with a vehicle and a scope (or not) happen to be free that day, and be interested in playing host to an elderly couple for a few hours, it would be my pleasure to cover such incidentals as food, drinks, gas and etc. I have found that birdlists increase in complexity and exciting rarities if the drinks come first, but I'm flexible. Whether or not this pans out, I look forward to exploring the forum!

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like. ;)

Welcome to Birdforum. I hope you enjoy your visits and have a great time in Edinburgh.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. You might want to post in this area of the forum about your trip:

Hi MrToad and a warm welcome from me too.

You might find our Opus article on Musselburgh - BirdForum Opus of interest. There's a lot of information included. There's a link in there to another Opus article covering Aberlady Bay. Two great sites to visit.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back