• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Grey Hypocolius?? S Iran (1 Viewer)

gholamhosseini

Hi,
Would you please help me in ID of right bird (from S Iran, 2022)?
My guess is Grey Hypocolius.
Thanks

Attachments

• Parishan 6.JPG
    8.3 MB · Views: 131
There are 3 birds in the picture. I know the bird that is grey (on the left of the picture) is Great Grey Shrike.
The middle bird is house sparrow.
My question is about the bird that is on the right of the picture with black primeries.
Best

This one could run and run as they say-Gholam, what made you think of Grey Hypocolius, did you see it in flight, hear it call etc etc? Such field observations are often more useful than a single ‘frozen in time’ photo! As Butty said further up thread, it looks finch like but do I detect a long tail?

This one could run and run as they say-Gholam, what made you think of Grey Hypocolius, did you see it in flight, hear it call etc etc? Such field observations are often more useful than a single ‘frozen in time’ photo! As Butty said further up thread, it looks finch like but do I detect a long tail?
Thanks, you are right. Field observations are often more useful for identification. Unfortunately, because I took this photo several months ago, I don't remember if it had a long tail or not. As I didn't see any trace of pink color on the wing in the photo, I doubted about grey hypocolius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back