• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Guide book for Costa Blanca (2 Viewers)

John In Ireland

Ireland
Hi, can anyone recommend a good bird guide book for Costa Blanca? I plan to visit the El Hondo reserve. Must have GPS coordinates. Thank you in advance.
John

Unfortunately, Gosney's Finding Birds in Andalucia just misses this area, I believe - the only suggestion I have is Where to Watch Birds Northern & Eastern Spain (Rebane & Garcia) but this does not have coordinates.

I'm not aware of any book in English dealing with the area, but I can recommend you the website of Costa Blanca Bird Club Costa Blanca Bird Club
Scroll down in the menu to find the "Site Guides" description, which is divided into North and south Cost Blanca. You'll find El Hondo in the south, as well as many other interesting and close by places. It is quite complete. It includes GPS coordinates.

I have the Graham Critchell book but I don't think it has GPS coordinates although it has decent directions.

Attachments

• IMG-20230930-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20230930-WA0005.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 5
Those feeling keen (there's room for everyone, don't push !) might consider working up some opus material on the area ...in English and respectful of copyright of course.

I also have the Graham Critchell book but an earlier edition. Covers loads of sites in the area including the steppe area up towards Albacete which I found very useful. The Costa Blanca Bird Club may possibly have a copy and, at one time, copies were available from the visitor centre at El Hondo.

You could try the "Birding in Alicante Province" thread - I think most sites are well known and could be researched online. Let me know any target sites or species.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back