• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gulls in Toronto earlier today (1 Viewer)

Aladdin

Thailand
Dear Members and Bird watchers!

First picture is a Ring-billed Gull, this was quite straight forward to ID

The second picture is a little bit harder for me. I think it is a herring gull. But look at the bill. It is whithis/ yellowish on the tip. I don't know what to call this colour. Then it is a small black and red dot.

Third winter have this colour and black but not red. And this gull is the only one marked on the map over Toronto in my field guide. I use the same I used in USA

The feet, I see it as pink even though it looks mostly to be grey

Kind Regards and happy birding
Aladdin

Attachments

• 667.jpg
    667.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 668.jpg
    668.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 25
You got both right. The confusion you might have for the Herring Gull is that this is an American Herring Gull, so it has slight differences compared to its European counterpart.

Both of these are the default gulls in the Toronto area.

You got both right. The confusion you might have for the Herring Gull is that this is an American Herring Gull, so it has slight differences compared to its European counterpart.

Both of these are the default gulls in the Toronto area.
Thank you!

Really appreciated!

I was confused by the three different coloured spots on the bill. 3rd winter have the black and light yellow and the adult red only

Thank you again
Aladdin

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back