• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gunnison Sage-grouse trailer? (3 Viewers)

Two of us are planning to do the chicken-run in Colorado this April. If anyone is interested in teaming up to hire a viewing trailer for the Gunnison Sage-grouse lek, let me know.

The trailer costs $100 per group plus all participants need a Colorado Parks and Wildlife State Wildlife Area Pass (a daily pass costs $9).

Note the lek viewing area is closed from 9–15th April this year.

Where would the group meet if this were to come about? I would only be able to fly in somewhere.
Hi Tiraya, we've managed to team up for a trailer on 21st April. I don't know if there's any further availability on that date. Siskadee, the NGO who organise the viewing session have been extremely helpful. Details of viewing options are available on their website: Viewing Site | Siskadee The 2023 details and sunrise times aren't posted yet but if you use the website contact form they'll get back to you with viewing options. Cheers

Hi Tiraya, I've checked and we've actually got the trailer itself booked for 21st April so if you wanted to join us beforehand and become part of our group (currently just the two of us), we could split costs. Send me a private message if of interest.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back