• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello Everyone!! (1 Viewer)

Steve Jones

Hello everyone from a lovely sunny Lancashire (well today anyway!).
Its a great time of the year with the Pink-Feet here in their thousands and the good weather keeping the swallows and warblers around yet, not to mention who knows what cropping up at any moment (hopefully!)
This site looks great and the huge variety of topics covered should benefit my birding and provide lots of entertainment.

Steve.

Hi Steve and a very warm welcome from all the admin and moderators here at Birdforum.net. We hope you enjoy the site and look forward to your contributions from that part of the world...up near Scotland isn't it? :)
Hopefully I'll catch up with some geese at Holkham next week.
Best regards,
Andy

Hi Steve.
and welcome to the best forum going,send in your posts and
enjoy the banter. your right about the warm weather these last 2 days, I am just down the road from you in leyland.
regards bert.

Hi Steve . Welcome to Bird Forum.Bert is right, it is the best and the members are very friendly and helpful. Enjoy yourself. John.

Hi Steve,welcome to Bf.I'm just up the road North from you,and we have friends here from Preston.You'll find lots of useful info,and no matter how daft a question may appear to be,just ask,and there will always be an answer.
Cheers Christine.
Yes ,the weather is gorgeous is it not ,up here in the North.make the most of it before next week.

A warm welcome from me as well Steve. It is a neat site and can keep you entertained for hours. ;)

Thanks very much for your replies everyone. I feel like I've made new friends already in what is obviously a top forum.
By the way Christine, if you mean its going to get wet soon then that could be good news. At this time last year flooded fields at Eagland Hill on the Fylde had already had Lesser Yellowlegs and a Pec.Sand, as well as Ruff etc. The same fields currently look like they never get wet!

Hi Steve welcome to BirdForum. Your name rings a bell, didn't we once go up to Aberlady Bay on a twitch for Caspian Plover (with Graeme Risden)?

Chris Wormwell

Sorry Chris, was'nt me at Aberlady Bay (although I wish I had seen a Caspian Plover!!). There's just too many Steve Jones's about.
It takes something very good or not too far to make me twitch (e.g. Black Lark at Anglesey) although I have been getting more adventurous of late, like the Bee-Eaters nesting in Northumberland last year (crikey that was tempting...even the wife came along!!). Steve.

Steve Jones said:
Sorry Chris, was'nt me at Aberlady Bay (although I wish I had seen a Caspian Plover!!). There's just too many Steve Jones's about.

Nevermind, welcome anyway!
If it makes you feel any better we dipped on the Caspian - now THAT was an unpleasant return journey to Lancashire I can tell you!

"Swift".... Brockholes Quarry is a top site and well worth a visit.
I also visit Pilling Lane Ends, have you heard of it?....

Steve.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back