• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello, finally. (1 Viewer)

navybloke

United Kingdom
Hi all, I’ve been lurking for long enough so an introduction is overdue. I was a very keen birder in my teenage years in Liverpool - a Seaforth regular and a hypothermic wader counter on the Alt estuary - but lapsed for the three decades of my Royal Navy career. I’m now a civilian and birding has returned with a vengeance in the last three months, although my ID skills have atrophied horribly. My local patch encompasses the wonderful Colne Valley on the outskirts of London although 2024 will see me focusing on the compact but diverse Ruislip Lido - the plan is for a ‘year in the life’ project on the site. I’ve been flitting around a lot - to Norfolk, Lincolnshire, Kent and a very brief Scilly trip - and the longer-term aim is to get my UK list over 300; a very modest aim, I know, but I’ve got a LOT of catching up to do. I look forward to benefiting from the wealth of knowledge and experience on here, and please bear with my insistent ‘where can I see species X’ questions that are soon to come. All the best.

Hi navybloke and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. I went to Ruislip Lido a few times as a child er um.... well a long time ago! LOL I'd forgotten all about it until now.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back