• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from a mini nature reserve garden in SE England, UK (1 Viewer)

BigBadTrevsy

United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I'm a naturalist with treasured bird memories from around the world. I live north west of London where my garden, on an otherwise highly manicured and boring edge of town housing estate, is a small meadow and woodland fringe habitat, with a large pond and more than 30 trees in a plot approximately 50 x 25m, including the house and drive. Wren, blackbird, blue tit, great tit, house sparrow and starling are all nesting in the garden right now, many in boxes. I grew up in the DDT era and would never have believed that from this small garden my list of exciting passing predators would today include red kite (daily), sparrowhawk, buzzard, raven, peregrine falcon, hobby, tawny owl, kestrel, barn owl and even a passing white-tailed sea eagle. I work in a hospital and this is my refuge. I never know what I might see there.

Hi Trevsy and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back