• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Alaska! (2 Viewers)

cybill a

United States
Hi all and looking forward to meeting everyone! I am fairly new to birding but have had a lifelong interest in wildlife and the outdoors. I just recently moved to Alaska from Maryland and am missing my little naturalist and birding community, so I hope this will be a nice way to stay connected. (As well as see all the other cool birds out there!)

I really enjoy painting and would like to improve my wildlife photography so maybe I will get to share some of that here as well. Hope you are all having a fun weekend!

Hi, welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Hi cybill and a warm welcome from me too. I'll look forward to seeing some of you pictures in the Gallery.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

I just recently moved to Alaska from Maryland and am missing my little naturalist and birding community, so I hope this will be a nice way to stay connected. (As well as see all the other cool birds out there!)
Might seem a boring choice to some, but there's lots of ravens and eagles here, which are my personal favorites, in addition to the more-often-heard-than-seen owls.
If you're in Southeast there seems to be lots of winged activity near the glaciers, and there's other non-winged creatures too, not the least of which, the ubiquitous moose.
Look forward to the photos, and paintings too?!

Might seem a boring choice to some, but there's lots of ravens and eagles here, which are my personal favorites, in addition to the more-often-heard-than-seen owls.
If you're in Southeast there seems to be lots of winged activity near the glaciers, and there's other non-winged creatures too, not the least of which, the ubiquitous moose.
Look forward to the photos, and paintings too?!
I would love to photograph some owls!! That's been on my bucket list for a long time. And believe it or not the magpies that hang around my workplace have been keeping me very entertained. I think it might be an unpopular opinion but I really do love all the corvids.

I am currently living in Anchorage and I adore puffins so I see some trips down to Seward in my future as well haha. It's good to meet my first fellow Alaskan birder, maybe we will cross paths sometime!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back