• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Kaliningrad, Russia! (1 Viewer)

Hello everyone, my name is Dmitriy, I am from Kaliningrad, Russia. I'm in love with birds since 2020. Becoming a birdwatcher was a somewhat spontaneous decision, I just had old tele lens laying around and when I got my first camera for birthday, I decided to give it a shot and became really invested. Previously I was heavely interested in microscopy but now I rarely use my microscopes. Unfortunately, I suffer from menthal health condition and having a hobby that helps getting up in the morning is priceless.
Usually I photograph birds in local park or my backyard. For almost two years I've encountered more than 30 bird species just in my backyard - from goldcrests to cranes.

Hi there Dmitriy and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like. ;)

Hi Dmitriy and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hello everyone, my name is Dmitriy, I am from Kaliningrad, Russia. I'm in love with birds since 2020. Becoming a birdwatcher was a somewhat spontaneous decision, I just had old tele lens laying around and when I got my first camera for birthday, I decided to give it a shot and became really invested. Previously I was heavely interested in microscopy but now I rarely use my microscopes. Unfortunately, I suffer from menthal health condition and having a hobby that helps getting up in the morning is priceless.
Usually I photograph birds in local park or my backyard. For almost two years I've encountered more than 30 bird species just in my backyard - from goldcrests to cranes.
Hello Dmitriy, I recently left an old Nikon spotting scope in Kaliningrad with a friend. It is only a beginners piece of equiptment but maybe I could arrange for you to take it without any payment as I feel happy if it could help you. It does not have a tripod though, so this you would have to find elsewhere.

Hello Dmitriy, I recently left an old Nikon spotting scope in Kaliningrad with a friend. It is only a beginners piece of equiptment but maybe I could arrange for you to take it without any payment as I feel happy if it could help you. It does not have a tripod though, so this you would have to find elsewhere.
Hello! Thanks, that would be very nice since I don't have a spotting scope. No problem about a tripod, I have one I rarely use because I prefer to handhold the camera. I'll sent you a PM.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back