• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Michigan (Duck Stamp Prints and other Wildlife Prints) (1 Viewer)

npierce

United States
Hello all. I'm selling a collection of Federal and State Duck Stamp Prints for a family friend. She has every Robert Steiner state and federal print from the 20th century from the first (1981) through 1999–50 in total. In addition, she has 9 other Steiner (non-stamp) prints, a Bruce Miller Fed Duck Stamp print, a Daniel Smith Fed Duck Stamp print, and 23 other wildlife prints. That's 84 wildlife prints in all.

I appreciate any help anyone here may have on finding out their value—with so many different editions, it's been tough to find out what they're worth. In addition, if anyone is/knows a collector, please send them my way.

She and her husband were wildlife enthusiasts, and personal friends of Robert Steiner's, so most of these are Governor's Remarque Editions (rarest edition) AND have inscriptions, which make them unique.

This is an excellent collection, and she has only decided to part with it because her husband passed away a few years ago, and now money has gotten tight. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Hi npierce and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum!

I hope you get some suggestions to your post.

Hi npierce and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

You can get past auction price results from sites like www.liveauctioneers.com or www.ebay.com. You will have to set up a free account to get access to this information.

A quick look at framed prints show average prices of $20 - $100. Signed examples will typically bring more. However, if they include personal inscriptions they may actually be worth less.

Thanks for the suggestion, jmepler. I have been using ebay to get an idea of past sales, but it's time intensive and tough to find the exact edition. I was hoping someone knew of a catalog that would give current valuations.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back