• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Philadelphia (1 Viewer)

Marceli Szpak

Hello my name is Marcin I live in Philadelphia, PA. On the long Thanksgiving weekend I plan a quick ornithological excursion to California or Florida. I have never been on the west coast, so I am asking for suggestions of places of accumulation of shore birds during their migrations and wintering. In the near future I would also like to visit the Gulf of Mexico (Florida, Louisiana) what are the best places there for the observation of shorebirds?
Thank you
Marcin
my email:
m_sliwinskiathotmail.com

Hi Marcrdli and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

Not familiar with the west coast of Florida all that much but I do know we have some Floridians here so you should get some answers before long.

Incidentally, I tweaked your email address to avoid any trolling spammers.;)

Hi, Marcin! Another warm welcome to you from BirdForum!

If you haven't found it already, you might want to repeat your query in the "Information Wanted" forum where more folks will see it and respond. :t:

Hi Marcin,

Glad to have you aboard. I am certain that your request for places to see shorebirds will get some response if you post it in the "Information Wanted" forum as suggested by Katy Penland.

Marceli Szpak said:
Hello my name is Marcin I live in Philadelphia, PA. On the long Thanksgiving weekend I plan a quick ornithological excursion to California or Florida. I have never been on the west coast, so I am asking for suggestions of places of accumulation of shore birds during their migrations and wintering. In the near future I would also like to visit the Gulf of Mexico (Florida, Louisiana) what are the best places there for the observation of shorebirds?
Thank you
Marcin
my email:
m_sliwinskiathotmail.com

Hi, and welcome! I moved to Florida about 1 1/2 years ago from the DC area. This is a birding heaven! I'm not familiar with the West Coast, but they say Merritt Island on the East Coast is wonderful. I'm planning on going many times over the next few months. I just ordered my first scope and that's the place I plan on breaking it in.

Good luck with your adventures. I'm sure you'll find this website a big help in answering any questions you have.

Chrispie

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back