• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello SC (1 Viewer)

Ochi

I'm not sure if i can just post a hello here or if this is just for birding information. But im new to here and South Carolina. my Husband and I are novices. we just have a bird book and cross off a bird on the birding check list once we've both have seen the bird. Yesterday we were able to visit the Congaree National Park, and it was a very beautiful park. I have never seen anything like it. It's also my first time being/living on the east coast, so it's my chance to see a whole lot more of everything!
I love to get to know whats around the state and the best site to view wildlife! So any tips or any information would greatly be appreciated!

thanks!

My advice would be to go to the Carolina Bird Club site and check all of the links.
They have advice for novice birders, and a click-on map with brief descriptions of birding sites across the Carolinas. In SC you should certainly visit Huntington Beach State Park on the coast, Biedler Forest inland, and Conestee Nature Park in the upstate.
Good Biriding!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back