• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello (1 Viewer)

Jo Morton

Supporter
United Kingdom
I've been a keen birder (NOT a twitcher) all my life ever since my mother encouraged myself and my sisters to spot kestrels scanning motorway verges during long car journeys. My interest particularly grew when a first visit to WWT Martin Mere with our son coincided with a telescope company's promotion sojourn there. We were invited to try out the instruments on show there, and I was astounded by my first closeup view of a swan's eye!
Now, many many moons and house-moves later, my husband and I have this year been enjoying developing a bird feeding station in our front garden, which is now attracting an ever increasing variety of species!
As we are now building new workspace/studio accommodation at the bottom of the garden, I am looking forward starting a new feeding station, and setting up a trail camera bought with birthday money in order to feed my new interest in bird painting!
I'll attach below a painting of a fledgling sparrow being fed near a feeder just outside our front window, within a few feet of me! Painted in gouache on paper, using one of my own photographs as reference.

Attachments

• IMG_1360.jpeg
    IMG_1360.jpeg
    857.1 KB · Views: 2
Hi Jo and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. That's a wonderful painting you've got of the House Sparrow dad and baby - thanks so much for showing it to us. They'd love to see your work in the Wildlife Art forum: Wildlife Art and you can also post them in our Gallery too - our members would be delighted to see what you do.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi, Jo and welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back