• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help Finding Book I Once Read (1 Viewer)

BillKistner

Hello! I’ve had no luck searching for this book. I read it Hardcover in 2003 or 2004 when I was working at Barnes and Noble. It’s a story of a guy who travels around doing bird watching. Each chapter is a different location and story. I don’t think he was a birder at the start. It was non-fiction and a very good read. I would guess it was published between 2002 and 2004 and was equal parts birding, history, and travel. Anyone have any idea? I’d love to find it again. Thank you all!

It isn't a perfect match for your description, but maybe To See Every Bird on Earth by Dan Koeppel? Published 2005.

Edit: Was it a book about looking for cranes? Sounds a bit like The Birds of Heaven: Travels with Cranes by Peter Matthiessen, published 2001.

Last edited:
Where did he travel around - the US? I remember a book by a young birder mostly hitching around the US, mostly east coast but also Texas. Can't remember the name though...
Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back