• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help me identify this bird! (1 Viewer)

Teegs26

Australia
I apologise in advance, I don’t have a photo of the bird, we always see it at inconvenient times. We live in the south east of NSW and have had several of these particular birds flying around our new house. It is very similar to the rainbow bee eater and I believe it might belong to a honey or bee eater family. It has yellow under its chin, has a long pointed beak with a dark head. It’s wings and under wings are then a mix of colours from purple to blue to green. I don’t know a lot about birds but I noticed it flaps it’s wings very quickly almost like a hummingbird. If anyone has any suggestions, I have googled and googled and googled and cannot find anything like it!

TIA

I apologise in advance, I don’t have a photo of the bird, we always see it at inconvenient times. We live in the south east of NSW and have had several of these particular birds flying around our new house. It is very similar to the rainbow bee eater and I believe it might belong to a honey or bee eater family. It has yellow under its chin, has a long pointed beak with a dark head. It’s wings and under wings are then a mix of colours from purple to blue to green. I don’t know a lot about birds but I noticed it flaps it’s wings very quickly almost like a hummingbird. If anyone has any suggestions, I have googled and googled and googled and cannot find anything like it!

TIA
Eastern Spinebill?

TIA
Hello, and welcome to the forum! I think you might get more answers if post your question in Bird Identification Q&A. Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back