• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help please, Malaga. (1 Viewer)

keith

I'm going with 3 friends to Spain on Tuesday to look for Lynx, we have pretty good info for the the area where we're going which is Sierra Morena, although any new advice would be gratefully received. What I mainly came on for was to inquire about the latest news on the Rio Guadalhorce, we were thinking about calling in there after landing in Malaga to look for White-headed Duck. I know it's had a bad reputation in the past for leaving an untended car and I wondered if anything had changed, I would imagine one of us [ me] will have to stay with the car, anyway, any advice would be very welcome, especially where to park.

I'm going with 3 friends to Spain on Tuesday to look for Lynx, we have pretty good info for the the area where we're going which is Sierra Morena, although any new advice would be gratefully received. What I mainly came on for was to inquire about the latest news on the Rio Guadalhorce, we were thinking about calling in there after landing in Malaga to look for White-headed Duck. I know it's had a bad reputation in the past for leaving an untended car and I wondered if anything had changed, I would imagine one of us [ me] will have to stay with the car, anyway, any advice would be very welcome, especially where to park.

Last time I was there (October last) the river had burst it's way through across the beach so that the only access was 400 metres inland, park, then cross the bridge into the reserve. This is where I had my car broken into. Since then I have either taken everything with me, or not gone into the reserve, or just strolled down to the sea. Leaving someone with the car is the best plan.

Re Lynx: look up Jos's excellent trip on this forum.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back