• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi from Louisiana! (1 Viewer)

HennyMarie1973

United States
I recently moved to a new town in Louisiana. At my old home I had bluebirds that would lay eggs in my bird box several times a year. So I put one out in my new yard and 2 years later, I finally have a nest with eggs! Unfortunately it’s not blue bird eggs, and I’m not sure what kind they are. I’m hoping someone here can help! I know it’s a little blurry, but it’s all I can get.

Attachments

• IMG_0510.jpeg
    IMG_0510.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0507.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 3
Hi HennyMarie and a warm welcome to you from those of us on BirdForum and including myself from Myrtle Beach :) I hope you enjoy your visits with us.

Hi HennyMarie and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. I can’t help with an ID, and do want to let you know that we don’t allow nest photos on here, unless taken with a nest box type of camera as we don’t want to scare away the birds by getting to close. I would keep an eye on the nest from a distance and see if you see birds going in and out.

Hi HennyMarie and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi HennyMarie and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. I can’t help with an ID, and do want to let you know that we don’t allow nest photos on here, unless taken with a nest box type of camera as we don’t want to scare away the birds by getting to close. I would keep an eye on the nest from a distance and see if you see birds going in and out.
I am so sorry about the pics! I'm trying to find a way to delete them... is there a way that I'm not seeing? I appreciate the warm welcome! I will definitely observe from a distance. I'm looking forward to exploring all the threads!

Hi again HennyMarie. Please don't worry about it, you are now aware - we just don't like to encourage people to take such close-up pictures of nests and eggs in case it makes the adults desert the nest.

The reason you can't delete the pictures, is that you cannot edit a post after 24 hours (though a Moderator can if necessary).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back