• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi To All The New Members.......... (1 Viewer)

JennyWren

Hi Mary, Funky, garusll, HelenB, Wingwatcher, ron, Pops, galvan, ^Wings^, Motmot,..... etc

....and welcome aboard!!! :)

We're all new(ish) here..... and I'm sure you'll find both Admin (Steve) and the moderators very friendly... and helpful!!!

JennyWren :)

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm just a newbie birdwatcher, Jenny Wren. However, I'm excited about my backyard wild life aviary, and to have a shared interest with ppl from different cultures who enjoy birding. I'm sure I will learn a lot, and I look forward to contributing to the global aspect of the birding experience here at the forum.:)

^wings^

Even experienced birders can be like newbies with certain groups of birds. I'm sure plenty of people have problems with the likes of warblers, gulls and waders!
There appears to be a great deal of knowledge in this Forum and all we need to do is ask.
That gives me an idea for a thread in Bird ID!!

paj

Hey ^Wings^....

I'm only just beginning (more or less) myself!

It's funny how I never really took much notice of my surroundings and the wildlife in my area until the last few years, but having said that, I live near a river (the Tees) which up until recently was full of nothing other than junk! It's been cleaned up and given a whole new lease of life, now home to lots of different species, including salmon..... if the seal that lives near Tees Barrage would only stop eating them! ;) The area along the banks of the Tees is full of birds now,.... whereas once, it wasn't!

JennyWren :)

Thanks for the welcome, too

Thanks for the welcome, Jennywren (my daughter is a Jennifer, too - nice name!). I'm from the other side of the Pennines, but have lived abroad since 1983. My hubby spent 4 years at Newcastle University & had digs in Whitley Bay for a while in the 60's!! Hope to see the Bee-eaters when I visit the UK shortly.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back