• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hit the jackpot this morning (1 Viewer)

craig whitmore

Live in a mountain valley at 2000 ft in Northern Californina USA. Been raining for two days, and yesterday 6 red crossbills showed up. A first for me.
As I sat down for breakfast this morning looked out to see: 2 evening grosbeaks, 2 blackheaded grosbeaks, 4 red cross bills, and a downey woodpecker all on my larger sunflower feeder at the same time. Over at the Niger feeder had 2 lesser goldfinches, 4 pines siskens, and an almost pure white lecustic pine sisken. At the cracked sunflower feeder 6 more red crossbills, and another evening grosbeak. At one of the nectar feeders a female Annas and a female rufous. All this at the same time.
Breakfast this morning took almost two hours. At various times had 20 pine siskens,(this is not unusual), 6 evening grosbeaks, 4 black headed grosbeaks, 4 lesser goldfinches, 12 red cross bills.
As I type this the coyotes are singing up a storm and the sun is still up.

Craig

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back