• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

HMW Vol 2 (1 Viewer)

Swissboy

Sempach, Switzerland
Supporter
Switzerland
I somehow thought the second volume of the Handbook of the Mammals of the World was due this spring. So it would have been about time for an announcement. However, checking the Lynx Edition home page, it now says the publication date will be Spring 2011. So was this all just wishful thinking on my part, probably based on the recent schedule for HBW? Or did they really delay the date?

I realize, of course, that HBW originally also had one new volume appearing every about two years. Nevertheless, considering that I'm approaching 68 in summer, I wonder how much I'll still benefit from the last volumes if they stick to the 2-year schedule. :C

I think it was a wish from you Robert. Just ordered my HMW part1 last week. Thougt about to buy or not a couple of weeks and never I noticed a change.

I just noticed that Wildsounds is also listing the book for this spring. But nothing has changed on the Lynx website. Thus, Wildsounds must have been victim of the same wishful thinking as I had been, I guess. They also list the subsequent volumes with yearly intervals.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back