• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How is your 2011 List Going? (1 Viewer)

My first new bird in almost three weeks brings my Year List up to 514.

514. Baird's Sandpiper

In addition, I added Western Sandpiper to my Indiana year list, which is now at 232.

Dave

Estes Park and Rocky Mtn Natl Park not very birdy. Great mammals, though, plus a few new birds:
286. Canada Goose
287. Cackling Goose
288. Broad-tailed Hummingbird
289. Steller's Jay
290. Black-billed Magpie
291. Mountain Chickadee
292. Western Bluebird
293. Mountain Bluebird.

Missoula and Glacier Park Thursday to Sunday. Surely there'll be good birding there!

Jeff
www.jeffincypress.blogspot.com

Quick walk in a Missoula Park after work produced:
294. Black-capped Chickadee
295. Am Dipper.

I was really pleased by seeing the Dipper because I haven't managed to see one since I saw one in my first week of birdwatching in 1996!

Jeff

Last edited:
Montana was not as productive as I'd hoped. People there thoiught it was maybe because of the heat. A weekend and 500 miles of driving added only:
296. Brewer's Sparrow
297. Red-breasted Nuthatch
298. Wood Duck
299. Western Grebe
300. Pygmy Nuthatch (First time I've seen all 4 Nuthatches in one year)
301. Warbling Vireo
302. Trumpeter Swaqn
303. Fox Sparrow.

So I've passed my target of 300 US birds in a year with 4 months still to go. Wonder if I could see 300 birds in Texas this year? Probably not!

Jeff
www.jeffincypress.blogspot.com

Last edited:
Two new birds today for the Year List, which is up to 516.

515. Hudsonian Godwit
516. Buff-breasted Sandpiper

The godwit was an Indiana state lifer (number 306), and the fourth of the year.

In addition to the birds listed above, I added Ruddy Turnstone to my Indiana year list, which is at 235.

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back