• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How is your 2011 List Going? (1 Viewer)

This seems to be a good fall migration for shorebirds, with large numbers and a good selection of species. However, out of four possible new birds that were seen at a nearby wetland yesterday, I only managed to see one, so I'm up to 517 for the year.

517. Red-necked Phalrope

Dave

An excellent assortment of shorebirds continues (one of the best in years) with the addition of Sanderling to my ABA Area and Indiana year lists, which are at 270 and 238, respectively. (I had seen Sanderling in Colombia in March, so it was not a year bird for my World Year List).

Dave

One new shorebird today puts me at 519 for the year. I have now seen all of the regular and expected shorebirds for this part of Indiana this year.

519. American Golden Plover

Dave

Fall warbler migration is starting, with ten species seen during a short period this morning. A good time to mop up warbler species I missed in the spring. Included were two new birds for the year, so I'm now up to 521.

520. Bay-breasted Warbler
521. Golden-winged Warbler

In addition to the birds listed above, I added Cape May Warbler to my Indiana year list, which is now at 242. Cape May Warbler is a bird that is very difficult to spot in the spring, but during fall migration they are common to abundant.

Dave

253. Golden-winged Warbler, a very handsome first-fall, male bird.

*Photo taken by, Jeffery Cohen, one of our bird banding team.

Attachments

• Golden-winged Warb.jpg
    Golden-winged Warb.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 22
Drove to southwest Indiana today to chase a Red Knot that has been present for the last few days. I saw my target, as well as a Common Tern, so my Indiana year list is now up to 245. (I had seen both species earlier this year on the east coast). The Red Knot was my fifth Indiana state lifer this year, number 307.

Dave

306. Barred Owl.

Only the second owl I've seen this year. The other was Great Horned. I obviously need to do more early morning or late evening birding!

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back