• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How is your 2011 List Going? (1 Viewer)

Finally got out of town,
166.Snow Goose
167.Golden-crowned Kinglet
:t:

I noticed on our Missouri Birds Listserver that someone had seen one (1) Golden-crowned Kinglet and twenty-four (24) Ruby-crowned Kinglets down in Saint Louis, Missouri a couple of days ago. So we should be netting/banding some of these in the very near future here in Saint Joseph, Missouri.

* Those seen in Saint Louis must have just flown over Saint Joseph during the night! ;)

2011 Missouri Year List

254. LeConte's Sparrow, Ammodramus leconteii, Chillicothe, Missouri (in a brushy, weedy area near city golf course)

255. Spotted Towhee, Pipilo maculatus, Missouri Western State University Campus, Saint Joseph, Missouri

169.American Woodcock.Nearly stepped on the bird before it twittered off!Love my local patch never know what's blending in with the environment.

Mid-October is a good time of year to look for unusual sparrows. I found one today, so my Year List is now up to 525.

525. Le Conte's Sparrow

Dave

Was watching a Coyote when a person started coming down the path with her 4 dogs.Left and the subsequently saw,
170.Rough-legged Hawk

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back