• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How to make apples more attractive to birds? (1 Viewer)

jackrmee

Wales
I have some apples which are going to waste.

I have previously tried hanging a full apple from a string, with a stick on the bottom as a perch. I saw this on YouTube and there are many vids showing the same type. However, I don’t seem to be getting any takers.

Any ideas what else I can do with apples to make them more appetising?

Thanks

My experience with birds and apples is that they only eat them when they are rotting on the ground as windfalls.

LOL My birds just won't eat them!!! Perhaps they don't like my choice of apples. I've tried collecting windfalls but they won't touch them, even when they're rotting.

One member in Devon has great success with putting them on a stick, or a broken bit of twig on a tree. Usually in the autumn I think.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back