• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How to remove a head a tripod?? (2 Viewers)

Granpoli

Spain
Hello,
Does anyone know how to remove the Manfrotto 501 head from the Manfrotto O55 tripod?
all the best

from

Attachments

• 1709133965200.png
    1709133965200.png
    312 bytes · Views: 10
If you turn the tripod upside down and look closely at the head of the centre column you should be able to see some bolts with a hex head or allen key head.
Loosen them and you should be able to unscrew the head from the centre column.
I'm not at home, so I’m unable to show you a photograph of my manfrotto tripod

Once the Allen/hex screws are well loosened the head should unscrew. You’ll need to tighten the rotation lock screw so you can rotate the head against the mounting screw, should come loose. The put a new head on reverse, so manually tighten well and then tighten the Allen/hex locking screws up underneath so it won’t start unscrewing itself when you least expect it.

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back