• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Humebo Lodge Peru - July 2022 - Hummingbird ID (2 Viewers)

masonflint

Still working through photos from this year and re-identifying species I photographed in Peru. The attached photos show two species. I believe the one on the left is a Lesser Violetear (distinct from Mexican/Green in eBird FWIW (but open to being corrected).

The bird on the right is confusing me a bit. My gut is that it's a White-bellied Woodstar due to size, white breast and partial white ocular line but poor light doesn't show any color in gorget and the post-ocular line isn't complete described in Birds of the World. Maybe I'm nitpicking but this was months ago so re-learning some of the birds.

Please share any ideas and hopefully I'm not three families off on the ID for both of these species.

Thx

Attachments

• Lesser Violetear and White-bellied Woodstar TBD - Huembo July 18 2022-2.jpg
    Lesser Violetear and White-bellied Woodstar TBD - Huembo July 18 2022-2.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 8
  • Lesser Violetear and White-bellied Woodstar TBD - Huembo July 18 2022.jpg
    Lesser Violetear and White-bellied Woodstar TBD - Huembo July 18 2022.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 8
Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back