• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hummingbird nest on my porch with chicks! (2 Viewers)

ScottieB

United States
Hey yall-

I have a hummingbird on my porch for the 2nd year (year 1 the babies did not live and she abandoned) and the nest has at least one chick this year! I can see the nest right outside of my window so I got to know her patterns. While she was away, and the chicks were not present yet, I set up a wyze cam so I can watch her and track progress whenever I want. The last new nights I have noticed that she is not sleeping in her nest. It seems like she is constantly annoyed by getting jabbed by the chicks beak so maybe she needs a break and sleeps somewhere else. I thought I would post here and see if anyone has any interest in seeing some pics and video.

Attachments

• 2CAA8EFE547A_1691185436_album_local.jpg
    2CAA8EFE547A_1691185436_album_local.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 17
  • 2CAA8EFE547A20230804154423_album_local_cache.mp4
    2.7 MB
Hi there Scottie and a warm welcome to you from those of us on BirdForum :)

It's great to have such a convenient view of these hummers and I hope it all turns out well for you and for us :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back