• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Icterine or willow (1 Viewer)

babuccu

Turkey
Hi guys. I photographed this warbler today in Istanbul/Turkey. The bill seems a little longer for a willow warbler, which in this case made icterine warbler a possibility. I would like to hear your words please. Thanks.

Attachments

• 87E8BA9F-5E6E-49E1-A5A0-767C9AB167A3.jpeg
    87E8BA9F-5E6E-49E1-A5A0-767C9AB167A3.jpeg
    258.6 KB · Views: 105
It's not a Phylloscopus with that monster bill.
Unless I do it first, someone else will ask you if you have any more photos of it...

I agree with Butty in both points. More pictures are helpful here, with a bird in such a bad posture (for ID), and that it looks good for an Icterines Wabler on first jizz-impression/gut-feeling.
it seems large headed, with the right bill shape, but yes, this is hard to judge. And I see yellow and greenish hues, therefore other rarer ones (EOW) can be excluded.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back