• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

id request please - bird seen Dobrogea, Romania, July 2018 (1 Viewer)

Earnest lad

When looking at some old photo's just now, from a place called Sinoe in Romania that I visited over 4 years ago, I came across one that I had, well, overlooked and thought nothing of at the time.
Whilst I appreciate the photo, being of the back of the bird, is not overly helpful, I thought maybe someone more experienced than myself might be able to recognise what the identity of the bird is. Thank you.

Attachments

• DSCF9114.jpg
    DSCF9114.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
I think that is what threw me
I don't think it should do: wing-bars would be worn down at that time of year anyway. Check bill-shape/length, head-colour and -pattern, upperparts colour, and tail-length.
Juvenile is more nondescript. I'd take it to be an adult female that's suffered feather-loss.

I don't think it should do: wing-bars would be worn down at that time of year anyway. Check bill-shape/length, head-colour and -pattern, upperparts colour, and tail-length.
Juvenile is more nondescript. I'd take it to be an adult female that's suffered feather-loss.
Thank you again. I did see a lot of yellow wagtails in this area , which were similar to feldegg but had a white supercilium. Understood in literature to be an intergrade ssp between flavissima and feldegg aka "Romanian YW" or "dombrowskii" . Perhaps this bird was one of those.

Anything like this Earnest Lad?
Yes, some I saw were very similar to that one KenM LOL. Perhaps not the female one above, I don't know. The best photo of one of these I obtained is here

Attachments

• wagtail yellow dombrowski 001.jpg
    wagtail yellow dombrowski 001.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back