• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

MohoNobilis

Hong Kong
Last time, I was heavily disappointed at what Tsim Bei Tsui had to offer when I had arrived there not too long ago, but I am glad to say that I am giving Tsim Bei Tsui another chance. And this time, I'm not alone.

I made the major mistake of going to an unfamiliar birding spot all alone last time, and was chased by stray dogs multiple times. Today, I have convinced my parents to take me there instead (well, we were originally going to Hong Kong Wetland Park, but we found out that it was closed today, so we decided to head there instead to see if we could see the birds... for free!).

We waited until the tide fell. Before that, we walked along the village paths and looked at the mangroves. When we went back, there was originally nothing, but I was soon able to catch the sight of one of my favorite birds - none other than the osprey. This was my first time being able to see an osprey, and I, of course, was overjoyed, as I did come here to see birds that I could add on my life list in the first place. I also saw a few white wagtails, a white-breasted waterhen, a long-tailed shrike, some avocets, egrets and some waterfowl.

Thanks to this trip to Tsim Bei Tsui, I am finally able to achieve a grand total of 100 lifers - a small step for a birder like me. This trip to Tsim Bei Tsui was way better than last time for some reason... maybe it was because today was rather sunny instead of cloudy like last time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back