• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

MohoNobilis

Hong Kong
It has been a few months, and I have recently regained the motivation to post on here. I did have a lot of fun birding at my old school campus, but all must soon come to an end one day. Well, not really. Ever since I have arrived at my new school, I have felt much better than at my old school. I will eventually get used to the loneliness, but as long as I am able to see birds around the campus, I will be a happy person.

In my new campus in a place in Shropshire, England, I will always be happy to see garden birds such as Eurasian blue tits and European robins, and they are frequent visitors to the trees and garden near my boarding residence in the school. European goldfinches, common chaffinches and chiffchaffs often appear on some of the trees, singing (or calling) their hearts out. Birds such as carrion crows, woodpigeons, Eurasian blackbirds and white/pied wagtails usually appear on the grass or in fields nearby. Sadly, I have yet to see or hear any Eurasian wrens (one of my favourites), but I have heard from others that I will be able to see woodpeckers around here. My goal for this year is to see either a great spotted or green woodpecker, or any other new bird in general.

Last Sunday, I have seen my first nuthatch at this school (there was one in my previous school as well, but it only appeared for a few seconds and flew away). I have also seen a soaring (and calling!) buzzard as well as my first western yellow wagtail just yesterday. My bird call app has also detected possible presences of spotted flycatchers and grey wagtails, and I am also planning to spot them and adding them onto my life list in the future.

Well, a beginner birder like me is always excited about new birds, and I would love to spot more new birds while in my new surroundings. I hope I can keep you all updated on what I post on here in the future.

Last edited:
It has been a few months, and I have recently regained the motivation to posting on here. I did have a lot of fun birding at my old school campus, but all must soon come to an end one day. Well, not really. Ever since I have arrived at my new school, I have felt much better than at my old school. I will eventually get used to the loneliness, but as long as I am able to see birds around the campus, I will be a happy person.

In my new campus in a place in Shropshire, England, I will always be happy to see garden birds such as Eurasian blue tits and European robins, and they are frequent visitors to the trees and garden near my boarding residence in the school. European goldfinches, common chaffinches and chiffchaffs often appear on some of the trees, singing (or calling) their hearts out. Birds such as carrion crows, woodpigeons, Eurasian blackbirds and white/pied wagtails usually appear on the grass or in fields nearby. Sadly, I have yet to see or hear any Eurasian wrens (one of my favourites), but I have heard from others that I will be able to see woodpeckers around here. My goal for this year is to see either a great spotted or green woodpecker, or any other new bird in general.

Last Sunday, I have seen my first nuthatch at this school (there was one in my previous school as well, but it only appeared for a few seconds and flew away). I have also seen a soaring (and calling!) buzzard as well as my first western yellow wagtail just yesterday. My bird call app has also detected possible presences of spotted flycatchers and grey wagtails, and I am also planning to spot them and adding them onto my life list in the future.

Well, a beginner birder like me is always excited about new birds, and I would love to spot more new birds while in my new surroundings. I hope I can keep you all updated on what I post on here in the future.
Good luck at your new campus! If you have any sort of running water, like a river or even a small stream it is worth having a look there for grey wagtails. They are a greyish colour with yellow underparts. I would imagine it wont be long until you get your wren, they are so loud for such a small bird. At my campus in SE London I have recorded a very nice amount of birds, perhaps about 50 species, the highlight so far being a bee-eater! Always keep your eyes on the skies as you never know what will fly over 👍

Happy Birding

Evan

Update: I have not been feeling good (physically and mentally) recently, and yesterday, this little Eurasian wren sung its powerful song on a tree branch while I was walking to my classroom. It was quite unusual since I have asked some adult bird lovers in my school campus about wrens, and they said that they have not seen any around the area throughout the past few months. I don't know why it suddenly appeared on campus, but I am very happy that it did - it made my entire day better.

I have also achieved my goal for this year, as I have met a green woodpecker a week ago, and I still regret not taking a photo of it to record my sighting on my mobile phone.

Attachments

• 980C7D5E-84CB-4CFE-A5B9-2DD039987B63.jpeg
    980C7D5E-84CB-4CFE-A5B9-2DD039987B63.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 65019328-4648-4270-B497-FEBD925479A9.jpeg
    65019328-4648-4270-B497-FEBD925479A9.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back