• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Independent Brazil August 2022: Chapada, Pantanal, Pompeu, Canastra & Campos do Jordao (1 Viewer)

Thanks for posting; I thoroughly enjoyed reading all of it, but especially the part I have been as well.
Both the birding and landscapes of Southern Brazil have left a huge impression in the short time I was there, and I'm constantly dreaming of going back, I have at least 5 more trips I would do without hesitation...

This is a belated thank you to simmojunior for posting an outstanding trip report that helped us plan our own independent Pantanal trip in fall 2023. We looked into some of the alternatives mentioned above and in the end decided to do an independent trip, and are very happy we chose this route. Our only suggestion (besides reading simmojunior's report carefully for all of the good information it contains) would be that if you plan to go to Porto Jofre, make these reservations first. There are fewer options for independent travelers in Porto Jofre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back