• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Information about the ports on my laptop (1 Viewer)

gerald762

England
I have attached a photo of the side of my laptop. On the left is the power input, then a USB port. I don't know what the right hand one is. The symbol suggests that it is for another monitor or possibly a TV. Can anyone tell what it is for and the correct name for it? So that I can buy the right cable if I want to.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20220117_162748.jpg
    IMG_20220117_162748.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 22
I have attached a photo of the side of my laptop. On the left is the power input, then a USB port. I don't know what the right hand one is. The symbol suggests that it is for another monitor or possibly a TV. Can anyone tell what it is for and the correct name for it? So that I can buy the right cable if I want to.
Thanks
Looks like HDMI - I use mine for a second screen.

I assume that you no longer have the instructions, but it might be worth googling details of your laptop and checking the specifications.

I assume that you no longer have the instructions, but it might be worth googling details of your laptop and checking the specifications.
I tried to get the manual online but failed. It a Thomson m/c, about 3 years old.
I think it is HDMI, but there is a difference in sizes. I will probably take the laptop to a computer store just to make certain. Thanks for the replies.

Googled Thomson mc and came up this link

which lists some specs including micro HDMI. There is also a link to Thomson Store where you might find your machine and its specs

Thanks Colin, I have a somewhat similar laptop and your example mentions mini HDMI so that seems to solve the problem!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back