• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Information Needed: Birding Central Peru for a week in November/December (2 Viewers)

lgonz1008

United States
Looking for some recommendations on guides/companies I can use for a week or less in Peru.

I'm thinking of maybe doing 5 days out of Lima to target the White-bellied Cinclodes, Junin Grebe, Diameded Sandpiper-Plover, White-cheeked Cotinga and a couple other Andean species plus a pelagic for Humboldt Penguin and Albatross.

Is there a good local agent that can help me with this? The only options I've seen online are Tanager Tours and Kolibri Expeditions, but I'm sure there's some more budget friendly options that I'm missing.

If someone also has an alternative that can give me a good number of targets for the time, I'm all ears for that too.

You can try Julio Benites, he is a driver who has been working with birding tourism for decades and knows where all the birds are, local contacts etc. He won't be pointing birds out to you but he will take you to the exact spot where you can see the targets.

Alternately, for a guide in the area you can try Alejandro Tello who is well respected and experienced

Users who are viewing this thread

Back