• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Inland West Norfolk - patch wildlife (1 Viewer)

Wrettonbirder

United Kingdom
Back on here after several years away; returning due to frustrations with Twitter and no desire to sign up to Facebook-aligned platforms.

My patch is focused on four parishes in West Norfolk - Wretton, Wereham, Stoke Ferry and Boughton. I will post highlights from my wanderings going forward with photos where possible

A nice walk out to a little visited area of woodland by the A134 near Stoke Ferry this evening, with welcome July records of Bullfinch, Treecreeper and Marsh Tit. Butterflies were the main goal, however, and achieved a very good total of 15 spp. The highlight was a new local species for me, no. 27 for the year, with at least 7 Silver-washed Fritillaries nectaring on thistles.

20230706_175017.jpg

No photos today, but confirmed the presence this evening of Purple Hairstreaks around the tops of the garden Sycamores for the third year running.
While looking at these, a Hobby passed overhead.

After an appalling winter/spring for waders on patch, have finally crept into double figures of species for the year over the past couple of weeks, starting with a Common Sandpiper last Sunday, 2 x Dunlin a week later and, after work tonight, a smart Wood Sandpiper. Numbers of Green Sands also building up gradually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back