• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Insect……I think. (1 Viewer)

MikeInPA

Fuck Trump
United States
A friend in the UK took this yesterday at Titchmarsh Nature Reserve near Peterborough. A small thumbnail size.

Any idea what it might be?

My friend also sent a video showing this ‘thing’ jumping about. It appears to have a green thing living inside this tent. In the video I t didn’t appear to mind which way up it landed.

What is it? An alien?

A Mexican Jumping Bean?

Last edited:
It's one of the Scale insects. I had an infestation of them on a Bay hedge in our garden in Spain a few years ago. They suck the sap out of plants.

It's one of the Scale insects. I had an infestation of them on a Bay hedge in our garden in Spain a few years ago. They suck the sap out of plants.
Thanks very much Jon. I'll look them up and have a read. I must admit I'd never come across one before. I'll tell my friend so she will know.

Thanks again.

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back